09 Aug, 2023
ClimateWest Seeks Members for New Advisory Committee
ClimateWest is establishing an advisory committee to help advance its work: building Prairie resilience to climate change. Launched in 2021, ClimateWest is a non-profit organization that provides free climate services in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. The organization’s goals are to increase capacity and understanding of a changing climate and to support region-wide efforts to adapt to these changes.
“ClimateWest is looking for people who are passionate about seeing the Prairie provinces thrive in the face of a changing climate,” says Kerra Chomlak, Executive Director of ClimateWest. “We are keen for the advisory committee to bring a range of perspectives to the table across regions, sectors, and communities to work toward a shared goal.”
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the new advisory committee will identify perspectives that deepen the understanding of a changed and changing climate and actions required to promote preparedness, safety, and a sustainable economy, and continue to grow our community of interest around climate adaptation work in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
Successful applicants will recognize the importance of building good relationships and respecting diverse knowledges which is core to ClimateWest’s approach. ClimateWest is seeking 7 to 11 members, considering:
- Regional representation (Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba)
- Indigenous representation
- Municipal representation
- Youth representation
- Gender diversity
- Economic sector diversity
- Agriculture, natural resource extraction, energy, water management, green or circular economy, infrastructure, and others
- Health and Environmental Non-Government organizations
How to apply?
Interested parties should submit their resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com. The cover letter should address:
- What are the key aspects of climate adaptation that you are passionate about?
- What do you see as future climate adaptation needs in the Prairies that could be addressed by ClimateWest?
- How can you help advance ClimateWest’s goals?
The application deadline is November 1.
An information session was held on Thursday, September 21 providing a chance for interested parties to ask questions and get to know the team at ClimateWest. A recording of the session is available to view below.